Welcome Prospective Graduates!
It feels great to graduate!
Don’t delay! – Apply Today!
Graduation is not automatic(see important reminders and dates below)
Three Rivers awards the Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Associate in Arts (AA) and the Associate in Science (AS) degrees and certificates to qualified candidates as authorized by the General Assembly of the State of Connecticut.
Three Rivers accepts applications and certifies student eligibility for graduation three times each year following the fall and spring semesters and at the end of the summer session. You must submit your completed graduation application by the dates below:
- Did you remember to apply for graduation?
- Graduation Application period for May(Spring 2021) has closed
- If you will complete a program in the Fall term and not applied for graduation, click on Graduation Application link above.
Spring (May) Graduation – Apply by February 28(closed)
Summer (August) Graduation – Apply by February 28(closed) (walk in the current year Spring ceremony)
Summer (August) Graduation – Apply by June 1(closed) (if not walking in the ceremony)
Fall (December) Graduation – Apply by October 16 – deadline extended(walk in the next Spring ceremony)
Graduation Application Procedure
- Meet with your academic advisor – Make your appointment early
- Why do I need to meet with my advisor? Your advisor will do a preliminary graduation audit, check that every course has been completed and that you are registering for any outstanding requirements in your last semester.
- Who is my advisor? Find your advisor in myCommNet
- Click Log In (red box)
- In the Access Banner Self-Service box click on “Banner Student Faculty Self-Service”
- Click on “Student Records”
- Click on “Advisor and Major
- What is a preliminary graduation audit? This audit is the final update of your Plan of Study
- Check the “Degree Works” program in your student portal
- Upload your Degree Audit form with your advisor and your signature
Graduation Final Audit
- The Registrar’s Office will conduct the final graduation audit
- You will be notified of any missing courses
- All graduates are invited to attend the annual commencement ceremony held in the Spring
Graduation and When is my Diploma Available?
Graduates will be notified by mail of their official graduation status and will be advised by email of diploma pick up times.
When is my Diploma Available?
Graduates will be notified by mail of their official graduation status and will be
- Spring graduates – August 1st – approximate pick-up date
- Summer graduates – November 1st – approximate pick-up date
- Fall graduates – March 1st – approximate pick-up date
Graduation Honors Policy
- 3.9 to 4.0 grade point average – Summa Cum Laude or Highest Honors
- 3.7 to 3.89 grade point average – Magna Cum Laude or High Honors
- 3.4 to 3.69 grade point average – Cum Laude or Honors
Graduation and Incomplete Grade
- An incomplete (I) is a temporary grade assigned by a faculty member at the end of a semester when the student has agreed to complete missing coursework or assignments at a designated time(see academic calendar)
- Important Note: An incomplete grade for any class during the semester will make a student ineligible for honors at time of graduation.
- Extenuating circumstances such as illness are required for such a postponement of a final grade
- The student must complete the work by the 10th week of the next regular semester or the Incomplete grade will automatically convert to an “F”.
Students who do not qualify for graduation in the semester for which they apply should notify the Registrar’s Office if they want to graduate in the next semester.
Graduation and Degree Evaluation – unofficial
- Unofficial degree evaluation is an electronic tool to help students with course selection and degree requirements
- Your completed courses, transfer credit and in-progress courses will be applied to your current plan of study or you may choose to run an audit to a different degree plan – go to myCommNet and select:
- Banner Self Service
- Student Records
- Student Degree Evaluation
Graduation and Change of Program
- Students pursue the program of study in effect for the year they officially entered the program
- Students stay in that program until graduation unless there is an absence of two or more years. In that case, they move to the program of study in effect for the catalog year when they readmit
- If a student changes from one degree program to another, the program of study used from that point on shall be the one that was in effect at the time of the last program change
- In no case, will a student be permitted to use requirements from more than one catalog year, or from a combination of catalogs to meet graduation requirements
Graduation and Change from One Degree to Another
- Students who wish to change their program of study from one degre program to another or add a second degree program should first discuss the change with their advisor or counselor
Graduation and Advisor
- Assigned advisors can be found in your student account myCommNet
- Contact information such as email, phone numbers and office hours Academic Advising Information
- Students may also visit our Advising and Counseling Center
- The Center offers a full range of academic and personal support services for student during their college journey
Graduation Application questions
- Contact Registrar’s Office 860-215-9064