CT Veterans Tuition Waiver
Connecticut Veterans Tuition Waiver Information
Thank you for your service to the Nation as a military member! The following outlines the steps necessary to complete a tuition waiver for Three Rivers Community College. Tution waivers are not automatic and the application must be completed and submitted.
To receive the Combat Veterans Tuition Waiver, qualified veterans must be admitted to the college. The amount of the Connecticut Combat Veterans Tuition Waiver that will be waived is equivalent to that which would be charged for tuition if a college tuition charge was applied, for any veteran who meets the criteria identified pursuant to subsection 8/b (e) of Section 10a-105 of the General Statutes, and is enrolled in a course for which the college tuition is not charged. The amount of the waiver shall be based upon the approved tuition rates.” This calculation is applicable to certain college programs that award degrees but do not charge enrolled students traditional tuition. The amount of the waiver will never exceed the amount that would have been charged at the current per credit rates for undergraduate or graduate level, using the in-state rates as published on the TRCC website, for the number of credits you are taking that academic term. The waiver will be reduced if you are using CH33 benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill, and cannot be combined with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits at the 100% eligibility level. This calculation applies to all programs that are eligible for the CT Combat Veterans Tuition Waiver.
Active duty for at least ninety (90) days:
- World War II – December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946
- Korean Hostilities – June 27, 1950 to January 31, 1955
- Vietnam – February 28, 1961 to July 1, 1975
- Persian Gulf Era (August 2, 1990 – a date to be determined by Presidential proclamation or federal law – Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) and Iraqi Freedom are included in this category.
OR, Engaged in combat or in a combat support role in the:
- Lebanon Conflict – July 1, 1958 to November 1, 1958
- Peace-keeping Mission in Lebanon – September 29, 1982 to March 30, 1984
- Grenada Invasion – October 25, 1983 to December 15, 1983
- Operation Earnest Will – July 24, 1987 to August 1, 1990
- Panama Invasion – December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990
- Be accepted for admission and enrolled at the Three Rivers Community College at time of application.
- Be domiciled in Connecticut at the time of acceptance, which is the date of your acceptance letter, even if domiciled for less than one year.
Public Law 18-47 provides that Other Than Honorably (OTH) discharged veterans may also be eligible for the tuition waiver. OTH students must provide all necessary documentation, meet all other criteria, and make sure that the application is completed and submitted.
When you are ready, complete the application.