Degree Works

TRCC Degree Works – Student FAQ

About Degree Works

What is Degree Works?

Degree Works is a web-based tool for students to monitor their progress toward degree completion. Degree Works also allows students and faculty advisors to plan future coursework by viewing outstanding course requirements.

What is a degree evaluation?

A Degree Works degree evaluation is a system that compares all current and previous coursework against the requirements of a plan of study. The degree evaluation plugs in completed and in-progress work to the degree requirements that they meet, providing insight into which courses, if any, would need to be taken in the future to complete a degree or certificate.

What if I am enrolled in two programs?

Students who are enrolled in two academic programs will be able to view both programs by choosing from the Program drop-down list next to the right of their name in the Degree Works display.

How do I login to Degree Works?

Once you have logged into myCommNet you will see the Degree Works portal with links to the college (or colleges) where you are a student. Choose the Three Rivers Community College link.

Can I register for classes in Degree Works?

Once you have logged into myCommNet you will see the Degree Works portal with links to the college (or colleges) where you are a student. Choose the Three Rivers Community College link.

Are my grades visible in Degree Works?

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in Degree Works. In progress courses are listed with a grade of “IP” and the credits in parentheses.

What do I do if I believe my information is incorrect?

You should consult your faculty advisor and review your degree evaluation with him/her to ensure accuracy.

How can I change my major?

You can change your major by completing a Program/Advisor Change Form found at the following link: Once completed, submit the form to the Welcome Center.

Using the Degree Evaluation

What will my degree evaluation show me?

The degree evaluation takes your completed and current coursework and compares it against the requirements for your degree program. Program requirements considered by the degree evaluation include GPA, number of credits, and the specific course requirements for the degree program. Any met requirements are indicated on the evaluation, and any requirements that are not yet met have a blank checkbox next to them.

How do I know what class I need to take?

Your degree evaluation will outline the courses still needed to meet degree requirements. You will be able to use this information to discuss your plan with your faculty advisor.

Can I view course information in Degree Works?

Yes. By clicking on a course in your degree evaluation you can view any pre-requisites required, as well as course sections available for the upcoming semester. In the case of a course requirement listing an attribute code, you may click on the attribute code to see a list of courses that fulfill the requirement.

If I withdraw from a class, will that be reflected in my degree evaluation?

Courses from which you have withdrawn will appear in the Insufficient block on your degree evaluation.

"What if"

What is the "What if" feature?

The “What If” function provides the option to see how your coursework would apply to a degree program that you have not declared as your major. You can use this tool to see which courses are needed for a different degree program, as well. This feature does not change your major in our system, and merely serves as an informational tool.

If I like what I see in my "What if" scenario, how do I initiate those changes?

Speak with your faculty advisor. If you would like to change your major you must complete a Declaration of Major/Change of Major form available on the HCC website under “Campus Resources”, in the Counseling/Advising office (LH-A108), or Admissions office (LH-B109) obtain the necessary approvals, then deliver it to the Registrar’s office (LH-B109).


Can I print my degree evaluation?

You can print your degree evaluation by clicking on the “Print” button at the top. For a more print-friendly view, save your degree evaluation as a PDF (click Save as PDF button) and then print the document.

Degree Works Connections>>