Add Drop Information
Academic Calendar-(for specific add/drop and withdraw dates)
Career Placement Services
Tuition & Fees Info
Registrar’s Office – Room A115
Need to make changes to your student schedule?
First Week of the Semester
Students who have registered and wish to add or drop a course may do so online or in person at the Registrar’s Office during the first week of the semester.
Second Week of the Semester
Drops may be done in person during the second week of classes. Classes can not be added in the second week of the start of the semester. Students who wish to add a course in the second week of classes may consider our late start schedule.
Dropping a class or classes
Instructor signature is not required to drop a course.
Courses can be added online during the first week of classes.
Courses can not be dropped online after the Add/Drop period ends.
Reduction in Credit/Partial Refund
Reduction in credit load on or before the end of the Add/Drop period will entitle the student to a partial refund of tuition for General Fund courses in accordance with the refund policy. No refunds are granted after the 14th day of the semester. See Refund Policies
Students receiving Financial Aid are strongly recommended that you contact the Financial Aid Office prior to making schedule changes if you will be reducing your credit and are less than full-time.
If you are receiving Financial Aid Assistance
- withdrawal may affect your financial aid for current and/or future semester(s).
- It is strongly recommended that you contact the Financial Aid Office 860-215-9040 before withdrawing.
Students receiving Veteran’s Benefits must notify the Veterans Representative when registering and/or making schedule changes
If you are receiving Veteran’s Benefits/Assistance
- may affect your benefits
- visit the VA representative in Room A115 or call 860-215-9235
If you decide to withdraw
See how to options below:
- Course withdrawals are recommended if you cannot complete your course and are accepted up until the week before classes end.
- Specific deadline dates are posted in the academic calendar and are strictly enforced.
- A grade of “W” will be assigned after you formally withdraw.
- If you stop attending classes without withdrawing, a grade of “W” will not be automatically assigned. Neglecting to withdraw may result in a grade of “F”.
- It is strongly advised that you speak with your instructor before withdrawing. Instructor signature is not required to withdraw.
- No tuition or fee refunds will be granted for a withdrawn course.
Withdraw Online – Web Support
2. Click on Banner Self-Service link or icon on the Homepage
- If you are attending (or have attended) multiple colleges, click on the college where you are registered. This will route you to the main menu page
- If you only attend one college, you will be brought directly to the main menu page
3. Click on REGISTRATION/SCHEDULE button and another menu will display
4. Click on the Register(add/drop) classes
5. Select the term that you are registered for (using the drop-down arrow) then click Submit
6. Find the correct course (CRN) you want to withdraw from
7. Select WW from the action drop-down menu
8. Click Submit changes at the bottom of the page
Note: WW will appear in your myCommNet student record.
- This is your withdrawal confirmation
- No need to submit any additional withdrawal form to the Registrar’s Office
Withdraw using the paper form
Withdraw Form is available online or in person at the Registrar’s Office Room A115.
Completed withdraw form may be:
- emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- faxed to: 860-215-9919
- dropped off in person at Registrar’s Office
Important Note: Students are responsible for confirming that their withdraw form has been received and processed in the Registrar’s Office Room A115. Confirm by checking online at http://my.commnet.edu
Questions: call the Registrar’s Office at: 860-215-9064