Information Technology at TRCC
Need Technology Support?
The first step for most technology issues is to attempt self-resolution.
- Forgot your NetID? Try the NetID lookup tool.
- Forgot or need to reset your password? The password reset page can help.
- Many issues with online services can be resolved by clearing your browser cache. Click here for instructions.
The Connecticut Community Colleges Online Help Desk can help if you are having issues with any of the following technologies –
- Banner Self-Service
- Office 365
- NetID Support and Password Resets
- Library Services
In the Help Articles section you can find support articles on all of the technologies listed above. If the help article doesn’t help you resolve your issue, the Online Help Desk is available 24/7/365 via Chat or telephone at 860-723-0221. If they are unable to resolve your issue, the Online Help Desk will automatically open an incident with the CSCU IT Services Portal (below).
The CSCU IT Services Portal is the point-of-contact for assistance with any CSCU-provided IT service, including the following –
- CSCU owned software or hardware either on or off campus (computers, printers, phones, etc.)
- Classroom AV equipment
- Networking and telecommunications issues (WAN, LAN, wireless, Cisco phones, Jabber)
- Issues with Protective Enclave (PE) and related services (Banner INB, secure printing and file shares)
- Support with security and data protection services (McAfee and Spirion)
- Requests for new technology services
The IT Services Portal’s Knowledge Base may provide a solution to your issue. If you cannot find a solution, clicking on Get Help (login required) allows you to create an incident to get assistance in resolving your issue. The portal is where you go to manage or update your open incidents, including any opened on your behalf by the Online Help Desk.
If you are experiencing issues with on-campus technology services or cannot access the CSCU IT Services Portal please contact the TRCC IT department at 860-215-9049. An incident will be opened on your behalf and TRCC IT will respond as quickly as possible.
The TRCC IT department is currently available during the following hours:
8:00am to 4:00pm, M-F (on-site)
4:00pm to 8:00pm, M-F (limited telephone support)
Note: The TRCC IT office (C135) is currently closed to non-IT staff but will reopen for walk-in support for both on-ground and on-line students once COVID-19 contact restrictions are lifted.
Additional Resources for TRCC Faculty and Staff
- The TRCC COVID-19 Tech Resource page – a single source page for faculty and staff technology resources during the public health crisis:
- The CSCU IT Support Center – documentation, How-To’s, and FAQ’s for the technologies used in the CSCU system.
- CSCU Personal Technology Guidelines for Students, Faculty, and Staff are available here.
- All CSCU NetID account holders are entitled to install Office 365 Pro Plus on their personal devices. Details and instructions can be found here.
These are just a few of the many IT resources available. Please contact us with any questions you might have and check back often for updates.