Information Technology at TRCC
If you need help with technology the following resources are available
- The CSCU Connecticut Community Colleges Online Help Desk
This should be your first stop if you need a NetID password reset or if you are having issues with myCommNet and Blackboard. They offer phone and chat support 24/7/365 with contact details at the following link: https://cscu.edusupportcenter.com/
- If the CSCU Help Desk is unable to assist you, the TRCC IT Service Desk is here to help
- Email – Please open a ticket with our IT Service Desk by emailing TR-ServiceDesk@trcc.commnet.edu from your CSCU email account. Emails from personal email accounts often get marked as Junk and do not get through. Including as much detail as possible will help us to resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
- Phone – If you cannot access your student email due to account access issues (unknown NetID, expired or unknown password), please contact us via phone at 860-215-9049. We will be monitoring voicemail continuously during this time and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Please leave your full name, a contact number, and a brief description of your issue.
- Web Chat with live IT staff – If you have basic IT questions you can chat with an IT support staff member by visiting this web page during IT operational hours (8:30am to 8pm M-T, 8:30am to 3pm F) and clicking the “Chat Now” button below.
Additional Resources for TRCC Faculty and Staff
- The TRCC COVID-19 Tech Resource page – a single source page for faculty and staff technology resources during the public health crisis: https://www.trcc.commnet.edu/covid19_tech/
- The CSCU IT Support Center – documentation, How-To’s, and FAQ’s for the technologies used in the CSCU system: https://supportcenter.ct.edu/
- All CSCU NetID account holders are entitled to install Office 365 Pro Plus on their personal devices. Details and instructions can be found here: https://supportcenter.ct.edu/service/Office365_ProPlus.asp
These are just a few of the many IT resources available. Please contact us with any questions you might have and check back often for updates.