Sexual Misconduct Resources and Education

You’re Not Alone.
If you fear for your safety, please call 911 right away for emergency service. If you need immediate and confidential help, please call: The Sexual Assault Crisis Center of Eastern Connecticut Hotline: (888) 999-5545 or the Safe Futures Hotline: (888) 774-2900.

You have rights.  You have choices.  You have advocates.

These web pages are intended to provide all members of the Three Rivers Campus Community with resources to help better understand what sexual misconduct is, and what can be done if you or someone you know has suffered from any of its forms.

Choosing a Resolution

Just as you have many options to ensure your safety and comfort, you also have options for how your claim is resolved – if you choose to resolve it at all. This page discusses these options in greater detail below.

Option 1 – Discussing Your Options with the College

Shortly after the incident, you may be unsure what next steps to take, but there are many individuals at Three Rivers who can review your options and connect you with resources. You will not be required to reveal that an incident occurred in any of these discussions.

Please visit the The Campus Resource Team page to learn more.

Option 2 – Reporting an Incident

“Reporting” means disclosing the details of an incident to a College employee and requesting that the College take action on your behalf.  If you intend to report an incident, please go on to the investigation page to learn what to expect next.

If the College agrees to take no action, a record of your complaint will still be kept if you choose to proceed further at a later time.

  • If the College determines that it must take action to protect the campus community, the incident shall be addressed and resolved as if a formal report had been made.
  • If the available evidence allows action to be taken without requiring your participation, the College may still elect to do so.

No matter what, College shall always inform you in advance of any action it intends to take.

Option 3 – Filing a Criminal Complaint

Filing a criminal complaint means making a formal criminal report with law enforcement for the purpose of bringing criminal consequences against an offender.  This can be done with or without informing any College employee.  You have the right to file a criminal complaint at any time, even if you are also pursuing action against an offender through the College’s disciplinary process.

Local and State Police

Norwich Police Department
70 Thames St, Norwich, CT 06360.
Office: (860) 886-5561

CT State Police, Troop E
PO Box 306, Uncasville, CT 06382.
Office: (860) 848-6500

If requested, campus security can assist in contacting appropriate law enforcement to initiate your complaint. The College shall assist in any criminal investigation to the fullest extent permissible by law.

Prior to filing a criminal complaint, it may be helpful to first review your options with any of the free, confidential crisis agencies available to you. These agencies can help navigate the criminal justice process and provide legal and courtroom advocacy if needed.

Protective / Restraining Orders

Protective Orders and other victim services are available through the Office of Victim Services. For more information, please call the Office of Victim Services at their toll-free number.

Office for Victim Services
225 Spring St., 4th Floor,
Wethersfield, CT,
(800) 822-8428

If you disclose the details of an incident, you can also request that the College take no action of any kind.  The College will try to honor your request, but it may determine that inaction would allow too great a danger to the campus community.

The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Leah Glende, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, CSCU System Office, 61 Woodland St, Hartford, CT 06105, (860) 723-0727,