Your assigned advisor
- If this is your first semester, your advising hold will be removed by your assigned advisor after you meet allowing you to register online
Transfer and Re-admitted Students:
- Re-admit and transfer students will meet with an advisor before registration
- Bring unofficial transcripts or grade reports of previous work to this meeting
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted for review and advising purposes only
- Official transcripts are not required for advising but should be sent directly to the Registrar’s office as soon as possible to be evaluated for transfer
- This will allow you to register online as prerequisite courses will be recorded at TRCC
Students currently attending TRCC or have attended within the last 2 years..
1. Find your assigned advisor
a. Go to http://my.commnet.edu and login using your NetID
b. Click on the Student Tab, then click in the “Student Self Service” box
c. Click on “Student Records” then click “View Student Information”
d. Select your school term, click “Submit”
e. Scroll down to “Primary Advisor” to see your advisor’s name
2. Meet with your assigned advisor
- Continuing students should meet with their assigned advisor, discuss their academic goals and plans for the upcoming semester
- Students will find out what courses are required for their degree and start their Plan of Study form
3. Recommend courses
- Your Advisor will recommend courses for you to take in the next semester.
- Remember… each course requires approximately 6-9 hours of work weekly in addition to classroom time.
4. Make note of the courses your advisor recommends plus alternate courses.
- Scroll down and click on Course Schedules
- Select sections that fit your schedule
6. Register Online
We hope you find online registration to be easy, convenient, and a less time consuming way to register.
a. Go to http://my.commnet.edu and login using your NetID and password
b. Click on Banner Self Service link(upper right)
c. Click on “Registration and Payment”
d. Click on “Select Term” and “Submit”
e. Click on “Register (add/drop) Classes”
f. Enter CRNs you want to register for in the “Add Classes Worksheet”
g. Click on “Submit Changes”
h. Click on Initiate Payment or exit if choosing other payment options
7. Review your Schedule
- Be sure you have selected the CRN for the course day and time you want to register in
- Click submit button
8. How to pay
- If online, in person, or mail to the Cashiers’ office
- Fees are due at the time of registration and are non-refundable
Online Registration Questions?? –
Our interest is improving services for upcoming semesters
- If you encounter registration problems
- Contact Registrar’s Office for assistance: 860 – 215 9064
- If you have applied for financial assistance, please use our online services
- Log on to myCommnet to see if your award is complete.
- If your award is complete, register as outlined above.
- If your financial aid award has not been completed, you may register as outlined above
- Proceed to the payment screen to make payment
- Financial Aid information and Assistance