The staff at TASC consists of administrators, faculty volunteers, professional tutors, peer tutors, and receptionists. The staff for the 2018 Spring Semester are listed below.
The administrative staff of TASC oversee the operations of TASC and often tutor or offer expert content advice in their field of study to tutors.
- Jodi Calvert, Director of Learning Initiatives
- Jon Brammer, Writing Center Coordinator: Writing for all disciplines
- Matt Burbine, Tutoring Center Academic Associate: Mathematics
- Brian Kennedy, Math Resource Center Coordinator: Mathematics
Faculty members often volunteer their time to tutor students outside of their normal office hours and commitments to their own students.
- Michael Carta, Assistant Professor of Chemistry: Chemistry
- Kent Harding, Professor of Industrial Management Technologies: Accounting, Business, Elec. Engr. Tech., Mathematics
- Brian Kennedy, Professor of Mathematics: Mathematics
- Philip Mayer, Professor of Economics and Political Science: Economics, American Gov’t, Mathematics
Professional tutors have already earned their degree (most at the bachelor’s level) and are highly qualified in the areas they tutor.
- Andrew Kaiser: Math, Physics
- Colleen Ladyga: All Writing
- Amy McShane: All Math
- Michelle Mencer: Math, Biology, Chemistry
- Mark Mogayzel: All Math, Physics
- Stephanie Peel: Math
- Kerrylee Pelkey: All Writing
- Donald Richmond: All Writing
- Hudson Rollinson: All Writing
- Kathryn Warrender: All Writing
The peer tutors are students who have taken the classes they tutor and were highly successful in them. Most peer tutors are able to tutor in multiple subject areas and writing tutors tutor writing across all disciplines.
- Cora Abbiati: Math, Biology, Chinese, Computers
- Rachel Ander: Writing
- Amanda Baule: Math, Communications
- Teresa Bennett: Writing
- Arrianna Boyden: Math
- Howard Craig: Chemistry, Math, Physics
- Caite Cubilla: All Writing
- Kristina Gates: Math
- Jose Grullon: Math
- Batyr Hemrayev: Math
- Dan Huang: Biology, Chemistry
- Erin LeCain: Writing
- Gabriel Lozada: Math
- Will Macnamara: CAD
- Kat Moroch: All Writing
- Fernando Rodriguez: Math, Physics
- David Tarrant: CAD, Computers
The receptionists manage the busy reception desk, fielding questions (not always about tutoring), making appointments, maintaining the schedule, and referring students. While the tutors routinely complete close to 4000 appointments per semester, the receptionists often schedule in excess of 5000 appointments per semester.
- Theresa Bannett
- Stanley Brown
- Raven Dillon
- Katelyn Pluss