Donald R. Welter Library
What are the benefits of being information competent?
Information competency allows individuals to make informed, intelligent decisions in academic, professional, and personal life.
Nursing 205 Information Competencies
At the end of Nursing 205 course students will:
- Effectively use library services as in-person and online reference, instruction, research support, and interlibrary loan
- Articulate the information need related to a class assignment or research project
- Formulate and refine a research question by identifying keywords, concepts, and key phrases
- Identify and effectively use appropriate local and remote resources for retrieving, manipulating, and transferring information
- Construct an effective search strategy by using subject, author, title, and keyword search modes
- Efficiently use the Boolean operators “and”, “or” , and “not”
- Evaluate information by using the following criteria: accuracy, authority, currency, comprehensiveness, purpose, and objectivity
- Discuss the concepts of “intellectual property” and “academic honesty” and use information responsibly.