Donald R. Welter Library
Information Literacy Program
What is Information Literacy?
Information Literacy is a set of abilities that empower individuals to understand how the information is organized, to locate, retrieve, evaluate, and use information effectively.
Nursing 101 Information Literacy Activities
- Library Tour of the Physical Collection
- Library of Congress Classification System: class R
- Reference nursing and medical materials
- Nursing and medical sections in the book stacks
- Print nursing and medical periodicals
- Online nursing and medical periodical databases
- Citing sources in APA citation style format
- Library Tour of the Online Collection
- CINAHL (content, sections, basic search techniques)
- PsycINFO (content, sections, basic search techniques)
- Health and Wellness Resource Center (content, sections, basic search techniques)