Donald R. Welter Library
The Reference Department strives to provide the highest level of reference services to the Three Rivers community by selecting and providing access to appropriate information resources; developing specialized instruction to teach information literacy skills; and providing the tools and knowledge necessary to access information resources in support of educational research.
The Reference Department will strive to meet the following objectives:
- Assess information literacy levels and develop instruction in multiple formats.
- Provide specialized instruction to classes according to information needs and skill levels
- Instruct and assist students and faculty in locating, evaluating and utilizing information resources
- Collaborate with faculty to further the development of information literacy for all students
- Continually update, evaluate and develop the library’s electronic and print collections to support the needs of faculty, staff and students
- Assess quality outcomes of information literacy instruction and utilize findings to guide future instruction for quality and relevance to needs of faculty and students.
- Select and provide access to a multitude of materials in various formats
The Reference Librarians are available to:
To schedule a library instruction session with your class, please contact Pam Williams (Reference & Instruction Librarian) by email at email@example.com or phone (860) 215-9052.