EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Why Three Rivers Early Childhood Program?
* Our program is accredited by the National Association of Educators of Young Children (NAEYC).
* Our student graduates are employed with great success. Our top employers include the Norwich Public Schools, Head Start, TVCCA Little Learners, Pine Point, Child and Family Agency, and LEARN.
* We work closely with the CT office of Early Childhood and Connecticut Charts-A-Course (CCAC) which is “the statewide professional development, program improvement and Registry system for early care and education. CCAC offers a variety of supports to assist both individuals and programs in obtaining quality standards.”
* Three Rivers offers an associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education with professional advising in either Career or Transfer options.
* TRCC graduates have transferred to ESCU, SSCU, Mitchell College, UNH, URI, Charter Oak, SNHU, and UCONN. TRCC offers both the Infant and Toddler and Preschool Early Childhood Teacher Credential (ECTC) that is required by many state and federally funded early childhood settings. See http://www.ct.gov/oec/lib/oec/earlycare/sr/gp_po/gp_13_04.pdf
We offer potential employment in the following specialties:
Early Care and Education Infant and Toddler Specialty Early Intervention Family Advocacy Special Education Paraprofessional Nonprofit leaders
Three Rivers Early Childhood Program Outcome Measures
Outcome Measure #1: The Number of Program Completers
|Academic Year||Number of program completers||% of program completers who were attending full-time (at the time of completion)||% of program completers who were attending part-time (at the time of completion)|
 Part-time status is defined by the institution.
Outcome Measure #2: The Program Completion Rate
|Academic year in which a Fall cohort of full-time candidates enrolled at the institution (select three sequential years)||Percentage of those candidates who completed the program within 150% of the published timeframe||Percentage of those candidates who completed the program within 100%, 200% (twice) or 300% (three times) of the published timeframe (Please circle or underline the indicator above on which the program will report.)|
Outcome Measure #3: Fall-to-Fall Retention Rate
|Academic Year||Number of Part-Time Candidates Enrolled (% of Total Enrollment)||Retention Rate among Part-Time Candidates||Number of Full-Time Candidates Enrolled (% of Total Enrollment)||Retention Rate among Full-Time Candidates|
|Fall 2015||15 (60%)||33%||10 (40%)||50%|
|Fall 2016||15 (56%)||27%||12 (44%)||75%|
|Fall 2017||17 (77%)||47%||5 (23%)||100%|