- Academic Calendar
- Academic Departments
- Academic Support
- Assessment of Prior Learning (APL)
- Associate Degree Programs
- Certificate Programs
- College Career Pathways
- Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning
- Early Childhood Education
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Handbook - Appendix
- First Year Experience
- General Academic Information
- Scheduling Office
First Year Experience
New, first-time college students are required to take the First Year Experience (FYE) course (IDS K105) in the first or second semester of their college program or before attaining 30 credits.
The intent of the FYE course is to acquaint students with higher education and to provide specific skills which will maximize students’ opportunity for academic success. Emphasis is placed on interdisciplinary learning strategies, life management skills, active participation in the college community.
Text Book Information
First Year Experience Exemption
Students may request an exemption from IDS K105 if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Student has completed a credit-bearing associate degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Student has completed a minimum of 15 college-level credits with a GPA of 2.5/4.0 or better at an accredited institution at the time of admission or readmission.
- Student has successfully completed the Three Rivers Community College Assessment of Prior Learning (APL) program.
- Student has transferred a minimum of 15 military/police academy credits.
The First Year Experience Student Exemption Form should be completed by the student and his/her academic advisor. Completed forms should be submitted to the Director of Learning Initiatives in office D111G or via email at email@example.com.
For additional information regarding First Year Experience, email or call Jodi Calvert, Director of Learning Initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 215-9220.
Three Rivers Community College | 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Main Phone: (860) 215-9000 | Contact the Webmaster