- Academic Calendar
- Academic Departments
- Academic Support
- Assessment of Prior Learning (APL)
- Associate Degree & Certificate Programs
- College Career Pathways
- Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning
- Early Childhood Education
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Handbook - Appendix
- First Year Experience
- General Academic Information
- Scheduling Office
The College Career Pathways (CCP) program is a concurrent, or dual, enrollment program administered by Three Rivers Community College (TRCC). Students gain exposure to the academic challenges of college while in their familiar high school environment, earning college credit and a college transcript when they successfully complete the course. Concurrent enrollment supports the collaboration between high school teachers and college faculty, thus encouraging the alignment of secondary and postsecondary curriculum.
CCP courses are taught during the regular high school day by qualified high school teachers who have been certified as adjunct instructors for TRCC by corresponding academic departments.
CCP courses taught by high school instructors are as rigorous as the TRCC on-campus counterpart. TRCC and each high school collaborate to ensure the content, assignments, and assessments of CCP courses is the same as courses offered on the TRCC campus.
When enrolled in a CCP course, you become a TRCC student and you are responsible for all the policies that effect students enrolled at TRCC. Please review the Student Handbook.
The CCP program allows credits you earn in high school to be applied toward your college education. These college credits can be applied toward a program of study at Three Rivers Community College OR another college or university.
The College Career Pathways Advantage
- Free College Credits in High School
- Save money on college tuition
- Graduate from college early
- Reduce your course load while in college
- An opportunity for career exploration; you can try a greater variety of courses
- Graduate high school with a college transcript - a plus when applying to college or for a job
- Immediate acceptance to Three Rivers Community College
- Demonstrating to college admissions officials that you are capable to succeeding in college-level courses
- Preparation for highly skilled, high paying jobs; College Career Pathways focuses on math, science, communications, and career related skills necessary to become prepared for continued education and the competitive job market
Three Rivers Community College | 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Main Phone: (860) 215-9000 | Contact the Webmaster