- Academic Calendar
- Academic Departments
- Academic Support
- Assessment of Prior Learning (APL)
- Associate Degree Programs
- Certificate Programs
- College Career Pathways
- Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning
- Early Childhood Education
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Handbook - Appendix
- First Year Experience
- General Academic Information
- Scheduling Office
Sustainable Landscape Ecology and Conservation Technician
Program Coordinator: Diba Khan-Bureau - 860-215-9443
This 24 credit certificate program is designed to provide
students with entry-level skills required to fill technician jobs in
the areas of sustainable landscape design, planning and
conservation. This two-semester certificate consists of courses that
will enable students to apply sustainable landscape ecology skills
and knowledge in a fast rising "green" and sustainable workforce. As
green infrastructure alternatives are increasingly used to manage
storm water, improve air quality and reduce the urban heat island
affect, jobs in engineering, engineering technology, and research and
modeling will be essential in the development, design and
performance monitoring of green systems. The certificate in
sustainable landscape ecology and conservation will provide students
with the options to obtain work or to continue their education to
acquire an A.S. or an advanced degree. Sustainable operations and
alternative energy are growing more central to the American and
global economy. This certificate supports the new paradigm for
This certificate was funded by a USDOL Community-Based Training Grant, as implemented by the Employment and Training Administration.
Students may complete this certificate by completing the courses that are listed below.
SUSTAINABLE LANDSCAPE ECOLOGY AND CONSERVATION CERTIFICATE CURRICULUM
|Course ID||Title of Course||Credits|
|ARC* K214||Sustainable Design||3|
|ENV* K101||Environmental Studies||3|
|ENV* K110°||Environmental Regulations||3|
|ENV* K146||Introduction to GIS||3|
|ENV* K207°||Sustainable Landscape Care||3|
|ENV* K220||Hazardous Materials||3|
|ENV* K295°||Environmental Issues Seminar||3|
° Course has a prerequisite. Students should check course description.
Sustainable Landscape Ecology and
Conservation Technician, Certificate
Upon successful completion of all program requirements graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate familiarity with key terms, concepts, principles, methods and techniques of sustainable ecological design.
- apply their knowledge within environmental design settings to solve specific ecological design problems.
- work and learn in an interdisciplinary environment.
- apply natural resource problem-solving skills.
- continue active, student-directed learning for professional development.
- practice excellent written and oral communication skills.
Three Rivers Community College | 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Main Phone: (860) 215-9000 | Contact the Webmaster