- Academic Calendar
- Academic Departments
- Academic Support
- Assessment of Prior Learning (APL)
- Associate Degree Programs
- Certificate Programs
- College Career Pathways
- Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Handbook - Appendix
- First Year Experience
- General Academic Information
- Scheduling Office
Program Coordinator: Betti Gladue- 860-215-9430
This 29 credit certificate program provides the foundation for students to have an introductory knowledge of the management of the web, programming and databases. Students who earn their certificate will gain a better understanding of aspects in business, technology and the worldwide web. All courses in this certificate may be applied toward the E-Commerce Associates degree.
Students may complete this certificate by completing the courses that are listed below.
E-COMMERCE CERTIFICATE CURRICULUM
|Course ID||Title of Course||Credits|
|BBG* K115°||Business Software Applications||3|
|BMK* K201°||Principles of Marketing||3|
|CSC* K108°||Intro to Programming||4|
|CST* K153°||Web Development and Design I||4|
|ACC* K111°||Principles of Accounting||4|
|BBG* K231°||Business Law I||3|
|CSC* K233°||Database Development I||4|
|CST* K253°||Web E-Commerce||4|
° Course has a prerequisite. Students should check course description.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements graduates will be able to:
- go on to wide-ranging careers in business or computer science as well as e-commerce entrepreneurship.
- develop technical skills in computer literacy, internet marketing and e-commerce, internet security, website development, business law, database technology, and internet business model, includign a well-rounded understanding of business.
- develop, design and implement business and computer related programs to solve various data processing problems using the current programming language.