- Academic Calendar
- Academic Departments
- Academic Support
- Assessment of Prior Learning (APL)
- Associate Degree Programs
- Certificate Programs
- College Career Pathways
- Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning
- Early Childhood Education
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Handbook - Appendix
- First Year Experience
- General Academic Information
- Scheduling Office
Program Coordinator: Jeffrey Crouch - 860-215-9418
This program provides an opportunity for students to participate
in a 27 credit program leading to a certificate in Criminal Justice.
Students may complete this certificate by completing the courses that are listed below.
English Competency Requirement met by: ________________________________________________
CRIMINAL JUSTICE CERTIFICATE CURRICULUM
|Course ID||Title of Course||Credits|
|CJS* K101°||Introduction to Criminal Justice||3|
|CJS* K211°||Criminal Law I|
|POL* K212°||Constitutional Law and Civil Rights|
|CJS* K213°||Evidence and Criminal Procedure||3|
|CJS* K220°||Criminal Investigation||3|
|CJS* K225°||Forensic Science||3|
|CJS* K250°||Police Organization and Administration||3|
|COM* K173°||Public Speaking||3|
Course has a prerequisite. Students should
check course description.
May be exempted through placement.
The English Competency Requirement is met by placement into ENG* K101, or transfer credit, or completion of ENG* K096.
Criminal Justice, Certificate
Upon successful completion of this certificate program, graduates will be able to:
1. identify and explain the basic structures and functions of the criminal justice system.
2. interpret the basic concepts and functions of criminal law.
3. integrate multidisciplinary theories with constitute the basis for understanding criminality and victimization.
4. apply constitutional principles that protect the rights of individuals and regulate criminal justice practices and procedures.
5. discuss the importance of social and ethical issues confronting the criminal justice system.
Three Rivers Community College | 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Main Phone: (860) 215-9000 | Contact the Webmaster