- Academic Calendar
- Academic Departments
- Academic Support
- Assessment of Prior Learning (APL)
- Associate Degree Programs
- Certificate Programs
- College Career Pathways
- Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Handbook - Appendix
- First Year Experience
- General Academic Information
- Scheduling Office
Business Information Systems
Accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
11520 West 119th St. Overland Park, KS 66213
Associate in Science
Program Coordinator: Betti Gladue - 860-885-2320
This program provides students with supplemental skills and knowledge that can be useful in a broad range of business management positions. In addition, the program prepares graduates for a more specialized positions in business information system and provides the background for transfer into bachelors degree programs in this area.
BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS CURRICULUM
|Course ID||Title of Course||Credits|
|ECN* K101°||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|IDS K105||First Year Experience||3|
|__________||Fine Arts Elective||3|
|ACC* K111°||Principles of Accounting I||4|
|BBG* K115°||Business Software Applications||3|
|BBG* K231°||Business Law I||3|
|BBG* K210°||Business Communication||3|
|BMG* K202°||Principles of Management||3|
|BFN* K201°||Principles of Finance||3|
|CSC* K108°||Introduction to Programming||4|
|ENG* K102°||Literature and Composition||3|
|MAT* K172°||College Algebra||3|
|PSY* K247°||Industrial and Organizational Psychology||3|
|BMK* K201°||Principles of Marketing||3|
|CSA* K205°||Advanced Applications||3|
|CSC* K207°||Introduction to Visual Basic||4|
|ECN* K102°||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|__________||Natural Sciences Elective with lab||4|
° Course has a prerequisite. Students should check course description.
Business Information Systems, Associate in
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of general business vocabulary and vocabulary specific to the field of Business Information Systems.
- demonstrate knowledge of those principles and skills applicable to general business and those specific to the field of Business Information Systems.
- demonstrate the ability to apply learned principles and skills to unique factual settings using correct vocabulary.
- have obtained a well rounded general education.
- be prepared for employment in the field of Business Information Systems.
Three Rivers Community College | 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Main Phone: (860) 886-0177 | Contact the Webmaster