How to Apply
Step 1: APPLY FOR ADMISSION
All students desiring to enroll in classes at Three Rivers Community College must complete an application for admission.
Download and Complete an Application Form. Address to the Admissions Office, Three Rivers Community College, 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, Connecticut, 06360. Fax to the Admissions Office, (860) 215-9902.
You will need a credit card to complete an online application. Former students or applicants of any Connecticut Community College do not need to pay the $20 application fee.
|Please Note: Your TRCC Admissions Acknowledgement Letter, Acceptance Letter and other correspondence will be sent to the email address you provide on the Application.|
Step 2: APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
Students are strongly encouraged to complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) using the Three Rivers Community College school code “009765”. You must complete the financial aid application at www.FAFSA.ed.gov. The first step is to register for an Education PIN number. This PIN number serves as your electronic signature so that you can complete the FASFA application. Seven days after completing this process, contact the Three Rivers Financial Aid Office at (860) 215-9040 or log into my.commnet.edu to find out your eligibility status. Instructions for logging into myCommNet will be provided with your emailed acceptance letter.
Step 3: SUBMIT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
Three Rivers can begin the admission process as soon as you complete STEP 1, however, the following documents are required for registration.
- Proof of high school completion or equivalent is required for students seeking a degree or certificate, as well as students applying for financial aid. Submit a copy of your high school transcript with graduation date, high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Immunization requirements - Connecticut State Law requires all full-time students and part-time matriculating (degree and certificate seeking) students to be adequately immunized. For more information, including exemptions from this requirement, refer to the State Immunization Policy form.
- Course Placement in English and/or math
- Prior College: Students who have successfully completed college level math and/or English credits may fulfill the Course Placement requirement when they provide an academic advisor with unofficial transcripts of prior coursework.
- SAT and/or ACT Scores (if available): Please submit your scores to the Admissions Office
- High School Transcript (required if you graduated within the last 5 years): Please submit a copy of your transcripts to the Admissions Office.
- Accuplacer Placement Test: Required for all new, first-time college students.
NOTE: Three Rivers recommend that you provide us with these documents at the time of application, but we can begin the admission process if these items are still pending. However, all documentation must be received before you will be permitted to register.
Step 4: REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Payment of fees is expected at the time of registration. The total tuition owed is payable by the payment date deadline specified by the college each semester. An official financial aid award can be applied as payment. Payment plans are available for students registering for 6 or more credits. Contact the Cashier's Office at (860) 215-9026 for more information.
- New, First-Time college students must attend an Advising and Registration Workshop* (for students only) to register for their first semester courses and learn about degree programs and strategies for college success. Once you have taken the placement test and submitted all supporting documents, you will be directed to sign up for an Advising and Registration Workshop and Choose your classes.
- Transfer and Readmitted college students (those who have previously attended college) will meet with an advisor to review previous college work and select classes. Transfer/Readmitted students should bring copies of their prior college transcripts in order to facilitate the registration process. Detailed information on the registration process will be provided in your emailed acceptance letter.
After students register for their initial semester at TRCC, degree-seeking transfer students should have their official college transcripts sent to the Registrar's Office for an official transfer credit evaluation and to add these classes to their TRCC transcript.
*Advising and Registration Workshops may not be available for late applicants. Please visit the Welcome Center (Room A113) for information regarding late applications.
Note: To obtain additional information regarding registration, interested students should refer to the Registration Procedures Page.
Downloads & Resources
Three Rivers Community College | 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Main Phone: (860) 215-9000 | Contact the Webmaster