Three Rivers Community College General College Admission Process
Three Rivers Community College maintains an open admission policy and accepts all high school graduates, holders of General Educational Diplomas (GED), and mature adults who demonstrate the ability to benefit from a college education. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis prior to the start of fall, spring and summer sessions. Students who wish to fulfill the admission criteria enroll in the General Studies curriculum Dental Hygiene Advising Track by following these steps:
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission and attach the application fee of $20.00 (not required for readmitted students or individuals who have previously applied and attended any other Connecticut Community College). Students should select the General Studies Degree or Certificate Program with the Dental Hygiene Advising Track. Complete your application online by using the following link: http://www.trcc.commnet.edu/Div_StudentServices/admissions/HowtoApply.shtml
- Provide documentation of high school completion with the Application for Admission.
- Take the Computerized Placement Test. NOTE: Applicants who have successfully earned a waiver or who provide evidence of college credits including math and English courses should attach an unofficial transcript to the application form in order to obtain an exemption from the Computerized Placement Test.
- All students admitted to the College who were born after Dec. 31, 1956 must provide proof of immunization for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella and Varicella (if born after 1980) before they are permitted to register for any courses.
- All students enrolled at the College must contact their assigned advisor. Students not yet admitted to Three Rivers should contact the Coordinator of the Dental Hygiene Transfer Program in the Admissions Office at (860) 892-5722 for more information.
- Register for any required developmental courses as indicated by the placement test and/or the required courses as stated in the catalog.
- Register for prerequisite or co-requisite courses. It is suggested that applicants take as many co-requisite courses as possible before transferring to the Dental Hygiene program at the University of New Haven. In this way students can focus on Dental Hygiene and advanced science courses which are time intensive and academically rigorous.
Nursing Admissions Information
Downloads & Resources
Three Rivers Community College | 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Main Phone: (860) 215-9000 | Contact the Webmaster