STEPS TO REGISTER
New Students: If this is the first time you are attending college, you will attend an orientation for registration. See Admissions How to Apply section for more details
Transfer and Re-admitted Students: Re-admit and transfer students will meet with an admissions advisor before registration. They should bring unofficial transcripts or grade reports of previous work to this meeting so they can register. Official copies of previous transcripts should be sent directly to the Registrar’s office as soon as possible. This will allow you to register online as pre-requisite courses will be recorded at TRCC.
Continuing Students: Students currently attending TRCC or have attended since
1. Find your assigned advisor
a. Go to http://my.commnet.edu and login using your NetID
b. Click on the Student Tab, then click in the “Student Self Service” box
c. Click on “Student Records” then click “View Student Information”
d. Select your school term, click “Submit”
e. Scroll down to “Primary Advisor” to see your advisor’s name
Your advisor’s location, email address and phone number click Advisor Information
2. Meet with your assigned advisor- Continuing students should meet with their assigned advisor, discuss their academic goals and plans for the upcoming semester. Students will find out what courses are required for their degree and start their Plan of Study form. If this is your first semester, your advising hold will be removed by your assigned advisor after you meet allowing you to register online.
3. Your Advisor will recommend courses for you to take in the next semester. Remember each course requires approximately 6-9 hours of work each week in addition to classroom time.
4. Make note of the courses your advisor recommends plus alternate courses.
5. Review the Course Schedule at www.trcc.commnet.edu Scroll down and click on Course Schedules. Select sections that fit your schedule
6. Register Online
We hope you find online registration to be easy, convenient, and a less time consuming way to register.
a. Go to http://my.commnet.edu and login using your NetID and password
b. Click on Banner Self Service link(upper right)
c. Click on “Registration and Payment”
d. Click on “Select Term” and “Submit”
e. Click on “Register (add/drop) Classes”
f. Enter CRNs you want to register for in the "Add Classes Worksheet"
g. Click on "Submit Changes"
h. Click on Initiate Payment or exit if choosing other payment options
7. Review your Scheduleto be sure you are registered in exactly what you wanted to be registered in.
8. Pay online, in person, or mail to the Cashier's Office. Fees are due at the time of registration and are non-refundable.
Online Registration Questions
If you encounter any problems, please call the Registrar’s Office at (860)215-9064 - Monday - Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm, Wednesday 8:30am - 6:30pm or send an email to to email@example.com. Our interest is improving services for upcoming semesters.
If you have applied for financial assistance, please use our online services and log on to myCommnet to see if your award is complete. If so, register as outlined above. If your financial aid award has not been completed, you may register as outlined above and proceed to the payment screen to make payment or visit the Financial Aid information page.
Three Rivers Community College | 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Main Phone: (860) 215-9000 | Contact the Webmaster