Continuing Education


Registrar's Office
General Registration Philosopy

The Registrar's Office strives to provide comprehensive, professional and quality services to students, faculty and the community by combining technological resources and a team of trained professionals in a welcoming and supportive environment.  Registering for college courses can be a challenging, rewarding and life-changing experience.  Whether a first-time, returning or transfer student, we are here for you.  The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act(FERPA) provides guidelines for protecting student rights.

Registration Dates and Information

Registrar's Office - Room A115
Phone: (860)215-9064
Fax:     (860)215-9919

Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Wednesdays 8:30am - 6:30pm - while classes are in session

Forms and Information

Frequently Asked Questions

Grade Report

Transcript Request - Current and Former Students

Back to top

Graduation Information

Three Rivers awards the Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Associate in Arts (AA) and the Associate in Science (AS) degrees and certificates to qualified candidates as authorized by the General Assembly of the State of Connecticut.

Graduation is not automatic, you must apply. Three Rivers accepts applications and certifies student eligibility for graduation three times each year following the fall and spring semesters and at the end of the summer session.  You must submit your completed graduation application by the dates below:

Graduation Application Deadlines and Procedure

Spring (May) Graduation        -  Apply by November 15

Summer (August) Graduation  -  Apply by March 15 (walk in the current year Spring ceremony)

Fall (December) Graduation    -  Apply by June 15 (walk in the next Spring ceremony)


  1. Meet with your academic advisor for your preliminary graduation audit. The audit is the final update of your Plan of Study. Your advisor will be checking that every course and requirement has been completed and that you are registering for the outstanding requirements in your last semester.
  2. Fill out the graduation application. Attach the preliminary graduation audit. Submit the completed application to the Registrar's Office. Applications are available at the Registrar's Office or online. Graduation application
  3. The registrar’s office will conduct the final graduation audit and notify you of any missing courses.

All graduates are invited to attend the annual commencement ceremony held in the spring.

IMPORTANT NOTE - When is my diploma available?

Spring and Summer candidates will be notified by mail of their official graduation status and be advised of diploma pick up times.

Spring graduates - approximate diploma pick-up date: August 1st

Summer graduates - approximate diploma pick-up date: November 1st

Graduation Honors Policy

3.9 to 4.0 grade point average - Summa Cum Laude or Highest Honors
3.7 to 3.89 grade point average - Magna Cum Laude or High Honors
3.4 to 3.69 grade point average - Cum Laude or Honors

PLEASE NOTE: An incomplete grade for any class during the semester will make a student ineligible for honors at time of graduation. An incomplete (I) is a temporary grade assigned by a faculty member at the end of a semester when the student has agreed to complete missing coursework or assignments. Extenuating circumstances such as illness are required for such a postponement of a final grade, and the student must complete the work by the 10th week of the next regular semester or the Incomplete grade will automatically convert to an "F".

Students who do not qualify for graduation in the semester for which they apply should notify the Registrar's Office if they want to graduate in the next semester.

Degree Evaluation - Unofficial

Unofficial degree evaluation is an electronic tool to help students with course selection and degree requirements.   Your completed courses, transfer credit and in-progress courses will be applied to your current plan of study or, if you wish, to a different degree plan.   It is available to students at by selecting:

  • Banner Self Service
  • Student Records
  • Student Degree Evaluation

Change of Program Information

Students pursue the program of study in effect for the year they officially entered the program.  Students stay in that program until graduation unless there is an absence of two or more years.  In that case, they move to the program of study in effect for the catalog year when they re-admit.  If a student changes from one degree program to another, the Program of Study used from that point on shall be the one that was in effect at the time of the last program change.   In no case, will a student be permitted to use requirements from more than one catalog year, or from a combination of catalogs, to meet graduation requirements.

Students who wish to change their program of study from one degree program to another or add a second degree program should first discuss the change with their advisor or a counselor. 

Assigned advisors can be found in your myCommNet student account. Contact information such as as email and phone numbers and office hours Academic Advisinng Information

A change of program form is available online or at any Student Services Office and must be completed and returned to the Welcome Center in Room A113.

Students may also visit our Counseling and Student Development Services Office.  Staffed with dedicated professionals, the Counseling Center offers a full range of academic and personal support services. The Counseling Center supports students during their college journey.


Back to top

Withdraw Policy -

      Last day to Withdraw from Spring 2017 is Monday, May 8, 2017

  • Course withdrawals are recommended if you cannot complete your course and are accepted up until the week before classes end.
  • Specific deadline dates are posted in the academic calendar and are strictly enforced.
  • A grade of "W" will be assigned after you formally withdraw.
  • If you stop attending classes without withdrawing, a grade of "W" will not be automatically assigned. Neglecting to withdraw may result in a grade of "F".
  • It is strongly advised that you speak with your instructor before withdrawing.  Instructor signature is not required to withdraw.
  • No tuition or fee refunds will be granted for a withdrawn course.

Withdraw with Financial Aid

  • Withdrawing may affect your financial aid for current and/or future semester(s).
  • It is strongly recommended that before you withdraw contact the Financial Aid Office

Withdraw with Veteran's Benefits/Assistance

  • may affect your benefits
  • visit the VA representative in Room A115 or call 860-215-9235

Withdraw Online - Web Support - Using Banner Self-Service

1. Log into myCommNet

2. Click on Banner Self-Service link or icon on the Home page

  •  If you are attending (or have attended) multiple colleges, click on the college where you are registered.  This will route you to the main menu page
  • If you only attend one college, you will be brought directly to the main menu page

3. Click on REGISTRATION/SCHEDULE button and another menu will display

4. Click on the Register(add/drop) classes

5. Select the term that you are registered for (using the drop down arrow) then click Submit

6. Find the correct course (CRN) you want to withdraw from

7. Select WW from the action drop down menu

8. Click Submit changes at the bottom of the page

  • Note: WW will appear in your myCommNet student record
  • This is your confirmation of withdraw 
  • No need to come in person or submit a withdrawal form to the Registrar's Office.

Withdraw by completing Withdraw form  - 

Completed withdraw form may be:

  • emailed to:
  • faxed to: 860-215-9919
  • processed in person at the Registrar's Office Room A115 (forms available outside the office)

Important Note - confirm your withdraw request has been processed

  • Students are responsible for confirming that their withdraw request form has been received and processed in the Registrar's Office Room A115
  • Confirm that your request to withdraw from your course(es) has been processed by checking online at
  • Still have questions?   Call the Registrar’s Office at:  860-215-9064