Apply for Aid
STEP 5 – Federal Review
Once your FAFSA data is received, you may be required to submit additional information to the Financial Aid Office. Additional information is often required for one or more of the following reasons:
- Database Mismatch – Your FAFSA data is matched against various federal databases (Social Security, Selective Service, Dept. of Veteran Affairs, etc…) to make sure you meet the basic eligibility requirements for federal financial aid. If it cannot be determined that you meet the basic eligibility requirements, you may be asked to submit any of the following:
Verification – One third of all federal aid applicants are randomly selected for a process called “verification.” If you are selected for this process, you will be required to submit the following to the Financial Aid Office:
- Copy of your Social Security Card.
- Copy of your birth certificate.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Selective Service registration confirmation.
- Copy of your alien registration card.
- Proof of being a veteran of the armed forces.
- Verification Worksheet (see Forms)
- Copy of student’s Federal tax return
- Copy of parent’s Federal tax return (Dependent students only)
Please be aware that all errors, mismatches, and verification issues must be resolved before your financial aid can be finalized and applied to your account.
Go to Step 6 – Award Notification or click on a
link to go to that step: STEP 1
-> STEP 2 ->
STEP 3 ->
STEP 4 ->
STEP 6 ->