Three Rivers Community College Loan Certification Process
As a part of the Direct Stafford certification process, you are required come into the Financial Aid Office to make an appoint for our loan consultation and a Loan Request form that must be completed and brought with you to your appointment.. You will recieveto attend an information session on the rights, responsibilities, and obligations for borrowing student loans. Following this information session, you will be given a Student Loan Awareness Test.
In addition, you will need to complete the following requirements for your Direct Stafford Loan certification. We strongly recommend that you complete all of the document requirements prior to attending your loan information session:
- Complete the Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Note & Exit Interview (see attached instructions)
- Print and bring each of the emails you will receive after completing the Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Note & Exit Interview.
- Attendance Verification Form must be signed, and completed by all of your instructors showing a date of attendance no older than a week before or after the session you had attended.
- Attendance Verification Substitute- You may also bring in emails from your instructors clearly stated that you are attending class successfully and the last date of attendance.
- Please print, and bring with you the confirmation emails, and your competed Attendance Verification form to your loan session.
We will not contact you after your test unless you failed the test, and/or are missing required documents. However, please feel free to stop by the Financial Aid Office if you have any concerns, would like to cancel, or lower your loan.
It may take up to two weeks for you to receive your loan. If you have any financial liability to the college it will be deducted from your loan. If you have any questions please contact the Cashiers Office at (860) 215-9026, or the Financial Aid Office at (860)215-9040.
Three Rivers Community College | 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Main Phone: (860) 215-9000 | Contact the Webmaster