Donald R. Welter Library Mission Statement
The Donald R. Welter Library is committed to providing resources and services that support and enhance the Mission, Goals and Philosophy of Three Rivers Community College.
The Library fulfills its mission through the successful completion of the following objectives:
- Develop the library collections to meet the teaching and research needs of Three Rivers’ faculty, staff and students.
- Support the instructional programs of the college by providing timely and relevant print and non-print resources for students, staff, faculty and the general public.
- Teach information literacy skills that will provide students with the ability to locate evaluate and use information to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
- Provide qualified and concerned staff committed to serving the needs of students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Provide facilities and resources that encourage innovation, learning and community service. Develop and implement instruments (e.g. surveys and focus groups) to assess library services on a continuous basis. And, subsequently make improvements to library services based on assessment findings.
- Strive to maintain sound fiscal planning and practice.
- The ultimate goal is to prepare users to be life-long learners.
Quick Search for Books
Three Rivers Community College | 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
Main Phone: (860) 215-9000 | Contact the Webmaster